3.4K views

I bought my wife a gift card for $130 and she wanted to use the money for something else and Massage Envy would not refund the money. I could purchase products with a credit card or cash and get a refund, but they will not give a refund on gift cards.

I went all the way to the corporate office and they said they won't do it. They have lost any future business of mine and I will try to discourage as many people from using their services as possible.

The real kicker is that I asked the clerk at the time of purchase, if it was refundable and she said "Yes", but now they won't stand behind what was said. Don't use these liars, find another place to get a massage.

Review about: Massage Envy Gift Card.

I didn't like: Lied about gift card refund.

Comments

The same happened to meI will never go back thereThey are complete thieves and scammersThe staff act like robots and not humans - How opposite of a relaxing or beneficial exsperience as they promote themselves to be.Good customer service is the key to long term success!

My local massage envy wouldn't give me a refund for $150 gift card. I cited the recent problems with male employees assaulting female clients and the associate told me I would get a call from the manager on Monday morning.

I'm probably going to get the same answer so I may get the local news people involved. I don't want to contribute to a company that employs people like this and I don't want friends exposed to this.

Pensacola, Florida, United States #1279872

Same thing here My huband lost hi 120.00 and they would not give him another one.

to wikllie winkie #1413819

you can have the front desk people look up your husbands name or the persons who gave him the card and it will be on file. when you purchase a gc they ask you if you want to put it under the purchasers name or the receivers name in case the card gets stolen.

either way your husband lost his card.

that’s his fault. not the company.

Happy Valley, Oregon, United States #1273941

Same thing happened to me. I have no use for .you $200 card. It's sat in a drawer for over a year.

Well I'm *** out 225.... my husband wanted to surprise me for an early Mother's Day and we also couldn't return it!!!! (Gift card)

Gift cards are seldom refundable. They usually say so right on them too. Shame on your wife for wanting to return a gift in the first place and shame on you for not finding out what she wanted before purchasing.

to giftfromtheheart #1376771

Well shame on you for judging ppl.... How dear you say that! This is why you alone now witch!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #917209

I don't know of anywhere where you can purchase a gift card and get a refund for it. That defeats the entire reason for purchasing a gift card.