Glen Ellyn, Illinois

I was scheduling an appointment at massage envy and everything is going good at first until they told me I had to pay double since I didn't have a membership.

Which is kind of strange since a membership costs 60 dollars a month which is a waste just to save $21.00 so I talked to the manager and she wasn't very friendly, she even canceled the appointment without me saying I wouldn't come in, I know it's a facility clinic but that doesn't mean that they have to be clinical about it, you know?

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Massage Envy Massage
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Massage Envy?

Comments

Brkp

I did not care for their sneaky behavior and no payment up front method.They wait till you are done with the massage and then stick you with a higher bill and try to sell you a monthly program.

Thank God I have the abillity to say "no" and what you are doing is not right. The "mistake" was handled, but it sounds like they do this to a lot of customers.

I will not ever, ever, ever go back to this business again.Sneaky and dishonest are not what you look for in a massage place.

RachelMcCarter25

my buddy's step-aunt makes $82/hr on the internet. She has been out of work for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $21649 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site,...JUMP85.COM

Rena

I went to one of their sites yrs ago and received a horrible massage which prompted by decision to never return.They asked for.

Feedback; I told them that I had to stop the session because the therapist was palpating my spine which is contraindicated (not safe) you think they offered another session free of charge with a more expierenced therapist THINK AGAIN!!!

NEVER RETURNED!!! Honestly I don't. Know. How they're.

Still in business. Nightmare on ELM STREET!!

I went to the one on 183rd Harlem.Chicago

unhappy
Baldwin Park, California, United States #686127

I had a massage back in March 2013 it was very good, at the end I sign for a membership three week later my car was vandalize and my purse was stolen o course I forgot about Massage envy, I got a call when my payment didn't go through due to all my accounts where closed talked to a gentleman from the Glendora CA office asked to cancel my membership, he stated that it was OK, now I got a bill for $118.00 I called to find out why I'm been bill when I canceled my account and the girl that help said that I can't cancel my membership for one year, and that's not what I was told when I sign they told me that I can cancel any time. I used to get gift cards for friends and relatives, I wont do that again.

Lee James

I surprised a family member in Pensacola, Florida with a massage at Massage Envy.Since she'd never had a massage, she specifically asked that her therapist be a woman.

I made this very clear to the young lady at the front desk, and her appt was scheduled with a Korean therapist by the name of Liping (pronounced Leaping). She arrive at the appointed time for her appt, but was introduced to a black male named Derrick as her therapist. She was unable to relax and enjoy her 90 minute massage, wondering why her therapist had been changed to Derrick without her or myself being notified. What kind of professional practice is this?

Of course, she waited until we were outside before sharing this info with me, because she knew that I would be very unhappy and cause a scene.

Never again will I frequent this business.Nor should you.

Tina

The Glenloch Farms location in Houston is the worst customer service ever.We have been members for several years with a standing appointment on Saturday.

When my therapist leaves apparently it is my fault for not letting them know and my fault for not finding another therapist that is available at my standing appointment time?... and the manager basically calling me a liar.

They continually screw up the scheduling and call us to confirm appointments that we don't even have??? or call two days before the appt to tell us we didn't pick a therapist?

I feel like they take away all the benefits of a massage by adding the stress of the scheduling errors, insults and accusations.I have never been so disrespected in my life!

nonamenothappyin SFNM

Me and my wife went to the one in Santa Fe NM while on vacation.My therapist stunk like strong perfume and her long nails were painted.

Doesn't the state inspect these places? :( The place was overall dirty. Carpeting and walls stained. Never again.

A private therapist costs just as much with way more to offer in the way of professionalism, cleanliness and time. You only get 50 minutes. Not an hour. The way too young Sales Associates greet you after your massage with a high pressure sales pitch.

You start immediately feeling pressured and stressed.

Nightmare.Definate No Go!

fraudian

I work for ME.It is awful.

It is far more awful than what is spoken here. The economy is tanking how can I leave there?

The last few days I can't really sleep or eat.Total nightmare.

Remy t.

Great massage at a Columbus franchise.Facial good too, but not an hr AND an extra $10 for Murad products.

To me that is akin to lying about the price, as there is no choice in products used.I resent that.

Massage Envy Pocket Greenhaven Sacramento,Ca.

No ethics, worse customer service i have ever encountered.NEVER, NEVER sign in as a member.

Membership agreement is the worse agreement ever made. When you want to stop it for any reason, you are caught as a prison.

It is tough dealing with them.Please read previous comments with other locations.You will get what I mean.