Massage Envy - Frustrating cancellation policies

41 of 683 Massage Envy reviews

I have been a member of ME in Massachusetts.I've always had banked massages that I could never seem to use.

I finally decided to *** the bullet, lose the banked ones and cancel my membership. I sent them a certified, return receipt requested letter in August notifying them that I would cancel my membership effective 10/1/16. I had also asked if they would convert some of my banked massages and donate them to a local battered women's shelter in my city. Imagine my shock that they charged for a October massage.

I called twice before I heard back from anyone and finally connected with them. They claimed that they had called me numerous times but I never called back. Perhaps because they never updated my phone? (Seriously?

You called me every time I had a scheduled massage so I know you had the right number). The manager proceeded to tell me that I needed to complete a form to cancel my contract. The letter I had sent was good enough. OK so why didn't you mail the form to the address on the envelope?

They can't convert my massages to gift cards but if I want to "gift" them to another member I could certainly do that or if I wanted to keep my membership I could freeze my account and pay $10 a month until I reactivated my account. So let me do the numbers here. You have $400 in banked massages and want me to pay another $10 per month to keep (another $70!). I lost it with the manager and told her I could see another class action suit in the future.

That there are complaints all over the internet and that I have told everyone I know not to get a membership!

Ended the conversation by telling her to delete my number and throw the massages in the trash.Worse then trying to get out of a gym membership.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Therapist who did my massage
  • What I disliked
    • Membership
    • Business practices are a bit unethical

Reason of review:
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #940242

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Massage Envy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
41 of 683 Massage Envy reviews

Oct 23, 2016 #1231015 Bayonne, New Jersey, United States

I have had a similar awful experience. Contact your attorney general. I live in Connecticut and am going to contact mine on the advice of may attorney!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Massage Envy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Massage Envy.
Filing a new complaint about
×