I have been a member of ME in Massachusetts.I've always had banked massages that I could never seem to use.
I finally decided to *** the bullet, lose the banked ones and cancel my membership. I sent them a certified, return receipt requested letter in August notifying them that I would cancel my membership effective 10/1/16. I had also asked if they would convert some of my banked massages and donate them to a local battered women's shelter in my city. Imagine my shock that they charged for a October massage.
I called twice before I heard back from anyone and finally connected with them. They claimed that they had called me numerous times but I never called back. Perhaps because they never updated my phone? (Seriously?
You called me every time I had a scheduled massage so I know you had the right number). The manager proceeded to tell me that I needed to complete a form to cancel my contract. The letter I had sent was good enough. OK so why didn't you mail the form to the address on the envelope?
They can't convert my massages to gift cards but if I want to "gift" them to another member I could certainly do that or if I wanted to keep my membership I could freeze my account and pay $10 a month until I reactivated my account. So let me do the numbers here. You have $400 in banked massages and want me to pay another $10 per month to keep (another $70!). I lost it with the manager and told her I could see another class action suit in the future.
That there are complaints all over the internet and that I have told everyone I know not to get a membership!
Ended the conversation by telling her to delete my number and throw the massages in the trash.Worse then trying to get out of a gym membership.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Therapist who did my massage
What I disliked
- Business practices are a bit unethical
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The only reason i have a one star is because Genevieve helped my daughter with a haircut that saved some of her hair. We got in around 2:15pm..."
- "To start off the lady in charge came in and was not being professional by yelling at the stylists in front of the customers being very rude.... The girl cutting..."
- "On Sunday, October 9th I went to the Regis Salon at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, Washington. I had a 1pm appointment with a stylist named Roberta. I brought a..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Bought brew coffee co brand for my 2.0 brewerThe coffee was not good and would work in my 2.0 brewerThe coffee was so strong I could not drink itThe brewer..."
- "Had these two sofas less than a year. Every time we sit on the sofas the seat cushions fall off the couch. Cushions are already misshapen and sagging. ..."
- "Firstly, their hearing is exactly the same as other firms I talked to. they all sell the same thing. I am in Worcester, MA. The office here..."