I have been a member of ME in Massachusetts.I've always had banked massages that I could never seem to use.

I finally decided to *** the bullet, lose the banked ones and cancel my membership. I sent them a certified, return receipt requested letter in August notifying them that I would cancel my membership effective 10/1/16. I had also asked if they would convert some of my banked massages and donate them to a local battered women's shelter in my city. Imagine my shock that they charged for a October massage.

I called twice before I heard back from anyone and finally connected with them. They claimed that they had called me numerous times but I never called back. Perhaps because they never updated my phone? (Seriously?

You called me every time I had a scheduled massage so I know you had the right number). The manager proceeded to tell me that I needed to complete a form to cancel my contract. The letter I had sent was good enough. OK so why didn't you mail the form to the address on the envelope?

They can't convert my massages to gift cards but if I want to "gift" them to another member I could certainly do that or if I wanted to keep my membership I could freeze my account and pay $10 a month until I reactivated my account. So let me do the numbers here. You have $400 in banked massages and want me to pay another $10 per month to keep (another $70!). I lost it with the manager and told her I could see another class action suit in the future.

That there are complaints all over the internet and that I have told everyone I know not to get a membership!

Ended the conversation by telling her to delete my number and throw the massages in the trash.Worse then trying to get out of a gym membership.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy at Massage Envy. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $413 and wants Massage Envy to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was membership and business practices are a bit unethical. Author liked the most therapist who did my massage. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Massage Envy and massage envy membership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Bayonne, New Jersey, United States #1231015

I have had a similar awful experience. Contact your attorney general. I live in Connecticut and am going to contact mine on the advice of may attorney!